The Ministry of Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries of the Ugandan government is seeking to hire a Driver.
Number of Positions: One (1)
Job Title: Driver
Reports to: The Project Coordinator
Duty Stations: Ministry of Local Government
Duration of the contract: The contract is for 20 months.
Duty Station: Head Office, Ministry of Local Government, Kampala with frequent travel to the field
Duties and responsibilities:
- Driving to authorized destinations/journeys.
- Ensuring regular maintenance and servicing of the vehicle.
- Logging journeys made, fuel filled and repairs done.
- Ensuring safe custody of the vehicle.
- Carrying only authorized passengers.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is regularly cleaned.
- Obeying all traffic regulations.
- Any other Project duties as allocated to you by the Project Coordinator from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of Senior four certificate with a credit in English. A Certificate in mechanics will be an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience with a reputable organization.
- Basic knowledge in Mechanics
The short listing and selection of the Project staff shall be conducted in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines; Selection and Empowerment of consultants (under IBRD loans and IDA Credits and Grants) World Bank borrowers (Jan 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”)
Sealed expression of interest (application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below not later than 21st April 2021 by 4pm.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Applications should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102,
Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990
Fax: 0414-321 255
The Commissioner Human Resource Management,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue