Kingdom of Buganda
Responsible for the sales and marketing function of the Ministry, leading and managing the sales and Marketing initiatives as well as providing strategic vision, direction and coordinating operations in the sports department.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Deadline of this Job:22nd July 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda, Bulange – Mengo, East Africa
The Kingdom of Buganda under the Ministry of Sports is committed to promotion, development, commercialization and the brand growth of its sports properties as well as sustaining them in the Kingdom.
The Kingdom is, therefore, looking for suitable candidates for the following positions:
Job Title: Sports Marketing Officer
Monthly Salary: Attractive and Negotiable
Ministry: Ministry of Youths, Sports and Recreation
Duty Station: Bulange – Mengo
Reports to: Principal Sports Officer
• Ensure profitable and sound sports membership growth through development and exploitation of new products and their utilization, new uses as well as tapping into new markets.
• Regularly appraise the departmental performance and ensure the implementation of performance management framework and the effective utilization of ‘’The Balanced Score Card’’ with quarterly and year-end assessments for the sales and marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
• Develop appropriate relationships with key stakeholders, sponsors and partners.
• Set sales and activity targets for the sports department in the Ministry and monitor their financial performance.
• Come up with pricing policies in liaison with Majestic Brands Limited and key stakeholders.
• Maintain accurate records of all pricings and sales as well as make activity reports by recording, analyzing and administering sales information.
• Planning and managing clients’ personal portfolio business according to an agreed marketing and sales development strategy.
• Draft contract documents for verification by both Majestic Brands Limited and Attorney General of Buganda Kingdom through the line Minister.
• To develop a marketing Plan, Strategy and activity plan for the Ministry.
• To develop the budget for the Sales and Marketing department and ensure its effective and efficient management.
• To Co-ordinate Ministry activities and events with appointed agencies and ensuring adherence to corporate and product brand guidelines, and also provide leadership and direction in marketing and promotion of the Kingdom products and services.
• To Co-ordinate Market research, intelligence, and analysis in order to develop competitive products and services to enable proper pricing and positioning thus keeping tabs with market statistics.
• Representing and promoting Kingdom/Ministry products and services through innovative and appropriate media channels ensuring effective collaboration and communication with stakeholders in line with budgetary guidelines.
• Communicating, liaising and negotiating internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable strategic relationships and partnerships.
• Plan and carry out marketing activities to agreed budgets and time-scales e.g. product launches and promotions, advertising, exhibitions, and telemarketing.
• Responsible for overseeing the creation and implementation of marketing preference, conversation and engagement that is synergistic with overall Marketing Communications initiatives. This includes developing, planning, producing, measurement of overall marketing, advertising and marketing strategies, programs across all media (on and offline) and in-market touchpoints.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Sales and marketing development manager.
• Experience in budgetary preparation and control.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint e.t.c)
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead teams.
• Exceptional Management skill to oversee marketing and sales strategies and implementation of a wide range of products.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented person.
• Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills.
• Strong agency and client relationship management skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no direction; strong decision-making skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
• High level of professionalism required as a representative of the Kingdom.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in marketing or any other related field with exposure to key principles of marketing.
• Professional qualifications in Marketing or business management will be desirable.
• 5 yrs. experience of sales and marketing in a senior management position including the formulation of strategy & planning.
Job application procedure
All interested but qualified persons are strongly
encouraged to apply by submitting their applications, CV, copies of academic documents with three relevant referees by 22nd July
2019, to the address below:
The Permanent Secretary
Kingdom of Buganda
P.O. Box 7451, Kampala Tel.0414274738/9
The Kingdom of Buganda is committed to equal opportunities at
the workplace, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.