The Human Resource Manager ensures accurate record keeping of all personnel documentation, assist with legal processes related to employee issues, and helps with the success of hiring staff members.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Human Resource Manager works directly with employees at The Amazima School & Amazima Ministries International. The Human Resource Manager ensures accurate record keeping of all personnel documentation, assist with legal processes related to employee issues, and helps with the success of hiring staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish recruiting and hiring plans and procedures for the organization in liaison with department directors.
- Manage employee orientation process, onboarding/offboarding process and the first 90-days including scheduling and coordination of performance reviews and following of agreed actionable.
- Manage personnel complaints, requests, and liaise with appropriate directors, and/or legal counsel to find solutions.
- Manage the performance management system including annual reviews. Make communications on all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulations and applicable labor laws to ensure legal and procedural compliance.
- Manage administration of personnel benefits and compliance with tax laws, including periodic reviews of employee terms & conditions of service, salaries & benefits, employment contracts, and leave records to ensure that the organization remain competitive and to enhance staff motivation and retention
- Assist in implementing and ensuring that the on-line HRIS is up to date and accurate. Review Leave management and ensure timely leave reconciliation and processing in the leave management system.
- Manage and ensure correctness and completion of HR records and documentation including Personnel files, organization charts, and databases.
- Ensure Audit ready records and files. Assist in Employee relations related to Staff Welfare management and other related HR initiatives.
- Conduct regular field trips to our Buziika office to monitor and review human resource and administrative procedures and assist project staff, where appropriate.
- 7-10 years’ experience in Human Resource Management in progressively responsible roles, with sound cross-functional experience as an HR manager. Member of the HR Uganda body preferred.
- Extensive experience in Multi-cultural, multi-national and multi-site non-profit organizations preferred.
- Expertise in national labor law, employment legislation & employment practices. Able to have a high level of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s or preferably advanced degree in Human Resource Management, Organization Development, Organizational Psychology or similar.
- Additional professional certification in HRM a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and the ability to learn new software.
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Amazima School.
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate the observed manifestation of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must be able to pleasantly and competently interact with employees, legal counsel, as well as staff and students at The Amazima School.
- Must be a team player, able to take direction from the Business Manager and Country Director and appropriately prioritize workload requests.